Photo by Natural Chef Carolyn Nicholas on Unsplash
1 fresh chili (optional)
1 tbsp grated ginger
1 tsp ground turmeric
1/2 stick lemongrass (remove outer leaves)
1 tbsp coconut oil
200 ml chicken stock
400 ml water
1 tbsp fish sauce
1/2 tsp sugar
3 boneless fillets of chicken breasts or thighs
2 medium carrots, peeled and cut into thin sticks
2 handsful bean sprouts
1 handful of fresh coriander leaves, chopped or roughly torn
3 medium spring onions, green part only, chopped
1. Cut chicken into slices and saute in oil until cooked through.
2. Blend together chilli, ginger, turmeric, and lemongrass to form a paste (the lemongrass will make it a bit stringy). Add a little water if necessary.
3. Fry paste in coconut oil in a large pan for a few minutes.
4. Add chicken and stir for a few minutes.
5. Add chicken stock, water, fish sauce, carrots and sugar. Bring to the boil and simmer for about 5 minutes.
6. Add coriander, spring onions and bean sprouts.
7. Serve once bean sprouts are heated through.